FIRST RECONCILIATION AND FIRST COMMUNION
Children preparing for First Reconciliation and First Communion:
· Are at least second grade or older
· Have participated in SJAKids with their families for at least one year prior to the First Communion year (i.e. it is a two year process)
· During the First Communion year, families again register for and participate in SJAKids, but also attend a few extra sessions specific to the sacraments—three sessions to prepare for First Reconciliation, and three sessions to prepare for First Communion
· But much of the preparation for the sacraments is done at home—children and parents read through and discuss what they learn in the “Blessed: First Reconciliation” and “Blessed: First Communion” books
· HAVE QUESTIONS about the sacraments? Email Mary Machi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 925-830-4710. We look forward to celebrating the sacraments with you!