After creating your Realm account you may have a few questions. Please see below for some commonly asked questions. If you have additional questions or prefer to talk to someone in person reach out to Raymond Figueroa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925 830-0600.
- Do you have to check the Realm website to know what is going on? No, Realm is not another site that you need to log into to see what is new. Posts on Realm are sent to your email and you control how you want those emails to come. You may need to log into the Realm website if there is additional information attached to the post or if you are asked to fulfill a need, but most Realm interactions can be done from your email box.
- What is a Realm group? Realm is organized by groups, which are either ministry groups, faith formation groups or groups created for a particular interest. Each member is automatically in the St. Joan of Arc Parish group, however for most other groups you will need either an invitation to join or click/tap on the button requesting to join the group. This allows you to only receive communications from the groups you are involved in and responsible for keeping informed about.
- What should I do after I first join Realm? Complete your profile! Your profile is where you go to choose which email you want to use, change your password and add a profile picture to put a face with your name. You should also go into Settings to control your privacy and email settings. The recommended email setting for members in a group is “New Things”. This will allow you to receive an email at the time a post is created, however you will not receive an email when other members comment on the post. If you don’t want to miss anything on Realm and see everyone’s comments, choose “Everything”. These settings are under your control and can be changed at any time. See the Profile video below to help you create your profile. NOTE: Your initial set-up is best done on a personal computer rather than a cell phone, but once you have set up your profile and preferences, you can download the mobile app to communicate on your smartphone. Realm works on current versions of all browsers – however Chrome is the recommended browser.
- Can you explain what I see on Realm’s website? See the overview video below to get an overview of some of the features of Realm so you can start participating in your groups. Also see the Groups video below for additional information.
- Where can I find additional help? Realm has a help function in the upper right hand corner of the website. Unfortunately, there isn’t a help capability within the phone app. You can also contact Raymond Figueroa at email@example.com or (925) 830-0600.
- Why do I always have to log in? As with most sites, Realm requires a password, however the system can remember who you are so you do not have to enter your username and password each time.
- If logging in from the website and you are on your personal computer, you can close the web browser without signing out. The next time you launch the web browser and return to the website, you will still be logged in. NOTE: if you share a computer with someone in your home, you may want to log out.
- From the phone app: do not log out when you leave the app and you will remain logged in.
How does Realm help connect people? Whether old friends or new acquaintances, St. Joan’s Realm community can help you find and connect to people in our church. In the upper right hand corner use the search bar to connect with other members Realm.
- How can you learn more about our ministries or get more involved? Ministries on Realm each are their own Group, which help members stay connected to the daily life of our church. To find groups on Realm, click Groups in the Navigation bar, choose the 2nd from the bottom option, Search all Groups for a list of every group currently on Realm. Click on any group to learn more or join.
- Is there an Online Giving option? Yes, in order to support the life and mission of St. Joan of Arc, sacrificial giving is at the fingertips of each member, along with the ability to print giving records at any time.
- Is information on Realm secure? Yes, Realm is a closed community using secure connections. Only registered parishioners and staff are able to enter our online community.